Home Depot, PF Chang’s, Kmart, and the law firm down the street that never made the news. We saw a lot of big corporations struggle to retain market share and customer loyalty in the aftermath of some pretty serious data breaches. Many businesses believe something like this will NEVER happen to them, but this couldn’t be further from the truth!
In fact, cybercriminals and hackers are zeroing in on businesses like yours EVERY DAY. Why? Many of those businesses simply have a common lack of security and they’re easy pickings for those looking for easy prey.
Ready to take the right precautions and start securing your data? Here are 15 critical business resolutions you MUST make:
- I will confirm that my data is backed up and know how to recover my data if I suffer data loss.
- I will update my anti-virus software on all machines – company wide.
- I will update my anti-malware software on all machines – company wide.
- I will put a disaster recovery plan in place.
- I will test my disaster recovery plan on a regular basis.
- I will confirm, once again, that my data is backed up.
- I will get around to making a decision on whether or not to adopt a BYOD (bring your own device) strategy for my employees.
- I will enforce that BYOD strategy and make sure all devices are secured.
- I will confirm that my data is backed up – yes, again!
- I will refresh my business continuity plan.
- I will refresh myself on the difference between a business continuity plan and a disaster recovery plan.
- I will test my business continuity plan.
- I will make sure everyone involved in my business continuity plan is aware of his or her role.
- I will remind myself that only 6% of businesses survive for more than 2 years after a massive data loss, and therefore…
- I will confirm that my data is backed up – AGAIN!
If you have questions about this list of business resolutions, or if you’d like some help to follow through on some, or all, of these business resolutions, give us a call at (888) 505- or send us an email at email@example.com. Vertical IT is always here to help you protect the livelihood of your business.